Sunday, February 5, 2012

Anthropologie Finds for Less

Anthropologie has some of the most beautiful and unique home items. What a lot of people don’t know about Anthropologie is that they have a team that travels all over the world searching for those one-of-a-kind items. Some of the furniture is straight from Paris flea markets and could be over a hundred years old. This could be one of the reasons these home items are so expensive. I love Anthropologie but can barely afford them!

Here are two items I have coveted for years at Anthropologie: The Flamenco Shower Curtain and the Mirrored Dresser.


Via



Via


I actually considered purchasing the shower curtain at the $118.00 sticker price but am so glad I waited. I found an extremely close match at Bed Bath and Beyond (of all places) for less than half the price.


Bed Bath and Beyond

I’ve had my shower curtain for a few months now and absolutely love it. It is soft and flowing and makes me smile every time I see it.




The dresser was a little harder to find. While mirrored furniture is really in right now it’s hard to find pieces that looks legitimately antiqued. I spent a long time searching for this nightstand and found it at Home Goods. Home Goods can be tricky because sometimes their furniture can look cheap and mass produced; but I have had a lot of people who have come over and was surprised it’s from Home Goods. It is very sturdy and well finished.



1 comment: