Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Do it Yourself: Closet Makeover

Oh my goodness! It has been so long since I have posted! Things have been crazy busy at work and The Lumberjack and I just got back from a two week vacation in New York and Boston. The trip was very inspirational and I promise I will be posting more often. This is a project I worked on a few weeks ago and something I was planning on doing for spring cleaning last year. Getting these two closets in working order probably only took a few hours of my weekend and was totally work it. So much less stressful to open them now! The first thing I did was decide what I wanted the purpose of each closet to be. The entryway closet I dedicated as a utility space to store cleaning supplies, tools, etc. The second closet I turned into a craft closet. Someday I hope to have an entire room for crafts but for now the closet will do. I went to Target and bought some storage containers. I wanted to get ones with pull out drawers to make everything easily assessable. For the craft closet I salvaged an old pink hanging shoe rack which has a lot of room for storage. Take a look at the before and afters below and get started on your closet make over this weekend.
Closet 1 Before (please don't judge me):
Utility Closet After:
Closet 2 Before:
Craft Closet After:

No comments:

Post a Comment