Tuesday, January 10, 2012

In love with Mercury Glass


Mercury glass was first created in the mid 1800’s in Europe. It is the formation of blown double walled glass with a silver solution sprayed in between.

Mercury Glass has been a huge item over the last few years and could be found reproduced everywhere from Pottery Barn to Target. However, I believe this trend is on its way out so prepare to find these items on sale. For authentic pieces of mercury glass, look for the double paned glass.

I’ve been in love with mercury glass before I even realized it. I have too much already but couldn’t resist these mercury glass candle holders that were on sale at Cost Plus. If you’re going to buy reproduced mercury glass make sure that it is a good quality piece that could pass for the real stuff. Also, be careful not to buy anything with lead in it. I’ve been collecting mercury glass for a few years now and don’t think I’ll ever stop. It has sort of become my signature style and finding each new piece is like falling in love all over again.


Candlesticks are timeless. Sometimes I put tall off-white candles inside but often I leave them standing alone. Set them up in pairs, use them as a dinner centerpiece, or arrange them in a holiday display.


Start thinking about what your signature style is!

No comments:

Post a Comment